View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 10:10 AM
Lahey
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by Newstick189 View Post
I love seeing posts like this. "Back when I started I made XXX so you should all stop whining".

Nobody deserves to be making less than $60,000 here. Period. It takes 4 years and thousands of dollars to even reach this job level. None of us deserve to be struggling to get by. Just because your level of an acceptable wage for the job was XXX back 3 years ago doesn't mean everyone here felt the same way.

At it sits right now triple premium makes being a FO here bearable. Work rules and pay need to make some serious strides not just here at Piedmont, but in the regional industry as a whole. The disappearance of triple premium puts all the more importance on how our negotiation progresses from here on out, and I really hope that people like you aren't willing to settle for less than you are truly worth.
I think the point he's trying to make is that there has been substantial progress over the past few years from what it was. Give it time, it'll improve. It doesn't happen overnight.

Pro tip: Don't plan on anything beyond base pay for your day to day life, if you do, you'll be disappointed when things such as triple prem disappear.