View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 03:15 AM
FTFFv2
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2018

UPS systemwide:

We still bid hard lines so with a little seniority you can get specific days off fairly easily.

Trip trades: we have a third party trip drop program (pairing pickup by another crew member). Demand dependant and favors smaller trip lengths. We can also do a trip for trip trade between crew members but this requires manual processing by the schedulers. Rarely used based on my observations.

Can’t drop to open time but you can trade with it (or do a straight pickup). Success largely dependant on reserve staffing and whether or not you are increasing your block hours with the trade. I’ve occasionally dropped down hours.

For single legs we have a unique program called “Fly no pay, Pay no fly,” or FNP. In a nutshell, another guy flies your leg for free and you still get paid. It is almost always utilized with the first or last leg of a trip when there are jumpseaters. The jumpseater ends up operating the flight (he gets a positive space ride home) and the orig crew member gets to go home early. It’s a help each other out kind of deal.

Last option we have is to request PLOA days from the company if we need a particular day or two off for something. I’ve heard and experienced good results with this but admit it can be hit or miss. Or, we have a big sick bank if you really need that day off. Use it sparingly and discretely and it won’t be a problem. I’m just about starting my fourth year here and gotten almost every day off I needed or wanted, sometimes without too much trouble, sometimes I had to pay the devil.

Last edited by FTFFv2; 03-16-2018 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Length