View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 04:05 PM
November Seven
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by galaxy flyer View Post
The difference between an airplane and a horse is the horse has an innate sense of its own survival; a plane doesn’t. The plane could not care less if you crash and, once airborne, only you can bring it safely back to Earth. As I suggested, read thru the NTSB/FAA accident reports involving turbine-powered, owner-operated airplanes. It’s chilling and EVERYONE one of those pilots thought they were smarter than the “system”; that is, their instruction, their limitations and their aircraft.

You have reached out to professionals engaged in aviation as pilot and asked for advice. The total years flight experience represented here to you easily equates to many lifetimes. When you haven’t received the answers you sought; your response wasn’t humble or thoughtful; it many times was dismissive or insulting. Carry on this way with any reputable instructor or school and you may well be shown the door. Or much worse, your money will ensure a continued audience until the inevitable investigation.

Go out buy some flying time with an instructor, but better be willing to check that ego at the door.

GF

Misses the point, unfortunately. Awe, its such a shame, you almost had it there for a while. I thought you might be one of those that actually - got it. You don't. You don't get it. I'm not seeking a job at an Airline or a Fractional with an FO as back-up. I don't have the billion plus one years prior PIC time in a high performance jet. Ergo, I MUST do something different in my Training and Time Building, expressly so that I do not end up like the NTSB Reports you allude to. I thought you got that. Apparently, I was wrong.

This has nothing to do with challenging my CFI's authority or years of experience as you imply would be the case. To the contrary, my CFI will appreciate my willingness to prepare and my flexibility in learning what they have to teach. So, the ultimate projections you are making about what the CFI/Student relationship would be are simply incorrect, because you've missed the point here.

If I had the background, I would not be here. That means the Training and Time Building must be tailored to fit that lack of background as PIC. It is a very simply concept that I'm really shocked so many "experts" here just don't get.

You can take your Corvette out to the track on Saturday and have a ball. But, without some High Performance Driver Training in the appropriate car, you will probably kill yourself, if you attempt to take an F1 into turn 3 at 200 miles per hour. However, if you already had some racing experience under your belt, then you could take BOTH the Corvette sitting in your garage and the F1 at the track, into turn 3 at the optimal speed for each - because you have the prior experience to do so, safely.

What I'm trying to say here is not rocket science. How do you construct that kind of Training and Time Building Program for the guy that has no prior F1 experience. Because, how you go about getting that guy up to speed, will be different than the refresher program you put the experienced F1 guy through to accomplish the same exact goal - reaching turn 3 at 200 mph without killing either dude.

Got it? Good. Now, stop telling me I'm buthurt - that's so far removed from my reality that I laughed when you said it. Come on. This is not a hard question.