View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 08:16 PM
PRS Guitars
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by For my son Lane View Post
Thank you so much for your input.

My son, wife and I are focused on the 4 year degree option. The hope is to take out loan(s) to cover the full cost then off he loan as he goes to school. This way we can avoid any financial glitches if funds aren't available for some unforeseen event. All 3 schools would generate similar costs when looking at the "real life" costs of sending him to school. Now to decide which one of the 3 schools would create the best opportunities for him after he graduates.
Yeah, he needs the degree for sure. Please make sure you get the flying costs from each school. Hourly rates for Instructor and airplane. Some schools don’t tell you about that and people assume the tuition covers it.

As to which school, I can’t really help. If they cost the same then I’d speak with recent alumni and current students and get their thoughts on the program. Id also evaluate the school as a normal school, does it allign with your sons values, is it reputable. UND has a good hockey team, so that’d be fun for him to watch

Also, consider what his degree will help him with if the flying doesn’t work out. It’s a great time to begin this career, but it does have pitfalls that most jobs don’t have.