View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 04:28 AM
clueless
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by GreenerPastures View Post
3) Staple? Good way to immediately anger 600+ future fellow pilots. I oppose stapling an entire pilot group below us. Bad and unfair.
From our perspective, a staple would suck for those guys, but if I was sitting at a company that was going under, I would be PRAYING for a staple. It would be a life raft to pilots of a drowning company. It is SO much better than bleeding the company dry, everyone getting laid off and having to reapply to wherever.

I'm not a pilot who says "**** the other guy, as long as I'm ok, I don't care" I'm actually quite the opposite. I'll give someone the shirt off my back if he needs it, but that's not what we're talking about.

I had the option to go to other companies (and I did start somewhere else), but one of the main reasons I came to 9E is because of the stability associated with Delta owning 9E. I made a smart decision (at least for the moment it seems like it was smart) and I don't think that someone who made a bad decision should have higher seniority than I do.

An argument can be made that compass isn't a "drowning company"...but for the purpose of this post, I'm speaking in generalities