View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 08:45 AM
BeatNavy
Covfefe

Joined APC: Jun 2015

I agree mostly, but two points of interest. The overhead bins on the E2 can take bags wheels first. That’s a big change. Also, the lighting is all new LED and much better than the incandescent/fluorescent we currently have. Even our newest E190 looks dated on the inside due largely to the yellowish old lighting. The E2 interior, while basically the same layout to ours, will fix most of its issues. Most people like the e190 interior with respect to the wider seats than most and no middle seats, despite the initial small size upon boarding.

Also, New York is a leisure market for us, so the fact that Delta is putting C series there probably doesn’t matter to our targeted clientele. Furthermore, Delta NY biz travelers still fly on planes less comfortable than E190s, like CRJs (to include 200s) and 737s, and they ride on E175s, so I don’t think that is a reason RH would favor the C series over the E2.

I agree the c series is a better long term product for us, primarily because the 300 can serve a lot of our 320 markets better than the 320 (many have a consistent 65-75% load factor). CS300/500s could also replace a lot of the older 320s once they run out of life. The CS100s could do our current 100 seat flying, and the larger one(s) could bridge the gaps in our capacities, while offering a superior (imo) product with an assumed similar long term cost.