View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 07:18 PM
poopplop
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: ERJ

Originally Posted by zippinbye View Post
Let me add a class of traveler some may not be aware of: those out on disability, who sink to S3B with zero jump seats and no OA non rev ability either. I am one, and it sucks worse than being a retiree due to there being no options aside from Delta and the Connections. S3B is the dregs of priority as it stands. Adding non Delta employees above S3B is a travesty! You may ask “why does somebody on disability need to have travel benefits?” Evidently Delta does not see a reason, given the dramatic slash in priority from active employment to LTD. But here’s a two part answer: 1) to continue enjoying a life that was dealt a tough blow. A good number of pilots fall into this category, with little expectation of returning to active service. Life goes on, but there’s little expression of gratitude for years of service in the form of travel benefits. Travel actually gets better when you convert from LTD to regular retirement, when many OA benefits are reinstated. And 2) most crucially, disabled pilots often need to travel in order to seek reinstatement of medical certification. Should a 20 + year Delta employee heading across the country for specialized aviation medical care be bumped by non-Delta traveler? Doesn’t seem right! Since it’s not in the PWA, not much we can do about it. Except place it in the memory banks for when we are addressed as “valued employees” and/or presented with an on-the-fence ratification vote. Just when I was getting worked up about all the “HKs” coming out of the woodwork these days, now there’s another category of traveler to frustrate the process. But unlike a HK, it does nothing to bolster the bottom line of our company.
So a retired, disabled former pilot with nothing to do but fly around should board before an active, underpaid pilot from the WO who still needs to get to work to feed his family?

Anyway it's sad watching you guys get nasty with each other over a policy that both pilot groups had exactly ZERO influence to control. Any unpleasantness should be directed towards DAL management.