View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 08:10 AM
poopplop
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: ERJ

Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
I don't think anybody is being nasty, we just have differing opinions and some people seem to be prepped to play the butthurt victim card. I restate my opinion that most Endeavor pilots are being short sighted if they celebrate getting priority over DAL retirees. Of course not all, but I have to assume most aspire to some day be a DAL retiree. I do agree that this is another one of the 99% (made up statistic) of online discussions that has zero bearing on any real world outcomes since as you correctly mentioned, this is up to management and not the pilot groups. I have a feeling management probably has PS for life so what do they care about S3A vs S3B, they and their families won't be affected...
Short-sighted? There are two sides to that argument. For example, Endeavor people need to make money NOW. They have families to feed NOW. After they retire from Delta (as you assume they would want to) they won't need to nonrev somewhere in order to make the money needed to put clothes on their kids. They will probably understand the need for active Delta-owned employees to get to work in order to make money, for themselves and for DELTA. Who is going to fly the retirees around when the active pilots can't get to their plane?