View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 11:54 AM
Flightcap
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by Crown View Post
I was willing to go to F9/Spirit/Sun Country instead of staying at RAH a day longer than was necessary. There's an insane amount of kool-aid drinkers at RAH that still believe it's a great regional. It's not. It's a horrible place to be. Bases opening and closing constantly unless it's IND, schedulers who *uck with you for the fun of it, a CEO who has openly expressed his disdain for pilots. Why, just why, would anyone want to make a career there when you can move on to a legacy and have an insanely better QOL?
Many 15-20 year captains here are of the perspective that it's better QOL to work for Republic than commute to reserve for more than half of the rest of their careers. As a side note, many of those captains also have applications in at the legacies. But are they calling many folks with thousands TPIC?........nope. I've flown with more recently upgraded captains going to a legacy than senior captains getting interviews.

You still haven't answered my question about which regional you'd want to be stuck at.