View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 05:05 PM
poopplop
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: ERJ

Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
Its pretty easy to look back 20 years and criticize mistakes in hindsight. You act like the Pilots at the time have all the knowledge we have now looking back. It was all new and unknown back then. RJs were brand new, most mainline Pilots did not even know what an RJ was back then. The level of Scope awareness that most Pilots have today simply did not exist back then. But I suppose if you were around then none of this would have happened.

This whole mainline Pilots sold Scope for pay raises like Dick Dastardly snickering away in some back room deal is pretty foolish. Management took mainline Pilots to the cleaners - I'm sticking with ignorance and naivete.

You keep bringing up how mainline Pilots traded away Scope but don't forget we also traded away our pensions, our 6th and 7th week of vacation, LOT bidding etc, in other words most of that stuff was outright taken.

Scoop
I completely agree that I am Monday-morning quarterbacking. That doesn't make what I'm saying about the sold scope incorrect. If the quarterback makes a mistake, he should own it and make sure not to make it again. Blaming the rest of the offense for his mistake is childish.