View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 02:41 PM
Denny Crane
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: Kickin’ Back

Originally Posted by poopplop View Post
That is unfortunate, Denny. However I won't entertain a fallacious argument or respond to ad hominem attacks. That is the point I have made. If you understand why I responded the way I did, then at least I have taught you something.

I posted some links below just in case you don't know what a fallacious argument is. And be sure to watch the whole youtube video I posted describing ad hominem attacks, so you can fully understand why you haven't produced a sound argument for me to respond to yet. If you think you have superior experience and knowledge on the subject, use it to beat me in an argument. Don't try and use it to beat ME. After all, you will probably have a hard time insulting an anonymous internet profile with a username like "poopplop".

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/Fallacious+argument
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

I am happy to discuss the topic with you and will try to be as civil as possible, with perhaps a few interjections of sarcasm. Have a nice day.

poop
First of all, I have NOT made a fallacious argument. I have simply asked you a question you refuse to answer and then accuse me of attacking you. Please point out my fallacious argument. As far as ad hominem attacks, point one out to me and I'll do the same for you. You are the one that has been in attack mode the whole discussion. All I've been doing is defending myself (and others).

Your argument is that we (senior pilots) sold scope to benefit ourselves. I, and others, am trying to refute that argument with facts you refuse acknowledge, ie bankruptcy being a major factor. Unless you have been thru process personally, I don't think you can comprehend the scope of how screwed you (the pilot group) are.... You also need to realize that with every contract following the BK one, we have reduced small jet outsourcing. Currently RJ flying is dying a slow death. It's my feeling, in the next contract, we should be focusing on large jet scope that we have allowed to be eroded while tightening small jet scope.

My point is you refuse to acknowledge the position that bankruptcy puts a pilot group in. Hence my question. Yes, we voted it in..........with a proverbial gun to our head. The alternative being our Contract thrown out by the Court and the Company do it any way. If you cannot wrap your mind around that and acknowledge it, this discussion is over.

Dennt