View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 06:26 AM
Han Solo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: Fastest Hunk of Junk in the Galaxy

Originally Posted by Gooner View Post
Yet in a discussion about mainline pilots ruining the lives about said regional pilots...
Can you not see the absurdity of this statement?

Originally Posted by CBreezy View Post
That's not an argument. It's using patriotism to try and win an argument. I refuted your bogus claim that officer pay is pretty much the same as regional FO pay and you come back with some classless argument about how my friends didn't die flying RJs rebuttal.

And you're right, not as many pilots die flying commercially but there have been PLENTY that have. In fact, I don't know if you remember it, but a regional turboprop crashed and Kool killed everyone on board not that long ago. And then there was that UPS crash on 2013. But you're right, their deaths are meaningless compared to your friends
I did not say they were pretty much the same -- you did, I said "A LT in the military doesn't make a whole lot more". We could go into how a regional pilot can earn overtime and then figure out just how many hours a LT works to figure out an hourly rate but that wasn't the point of my post. I went on to say "Everybody pays their dues in one way or another" which is a fact often overlooked by somebody who only wants to compare W2s. The forum laments the plight of regional pilots pay but bring up a very real consequence of death in the military and all of a sudden I'm heartless and making an embarrassing argument? Really?