Old 03-26-2018, 10:18 AM
Otterbox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger

Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
One BIG issue I had with END, while in training, the van driver at the "other" hotel was flat out dangerous when driving the hotel van. Once, coming back from the training center, he took a 35mph clover off ramp at 60mph. Threw all the bags off the rack, knocked everyone over and almost rolled the van. Several of us voiced our concern to the hotel mgmt, Yelped a review about their driver, etc.

All of us were contacted by the AssChief and told to remove the reviews or we would lose our positions. It was a matter of us safely getting to/from training that was the issue and they threatened us with our jobs when we voiced the opinion. I'd have to double check, but I heard the van driver was fired shortly after. Not from being reported as unsafe but for actually wrecking.

Also, I started flying 121/135 back when you could hired with 700hrs. The "great recession" had a lot to do with the low times after that as it took me several years to get back on our (my family's) feet. That was rougher than I'd ever wish on my worst enemies.

Anyways, 1100+/-hrs in 121/135. XJT and the 135 gig both ended in furloughs and were outside of my control. The latest two 121 gigs, I honestly should have done more research before attending their class dates. As my wife says about the nursing field, when they start offering sign on bonuses it is just a sign of how bad/poor/(insert something bad) about how the company/management are running the place.

While I am very serious about my career in 121, I am also very serious about which one I go to. Worst case scenario, I stay until retirement. I want to make sure it's a good place to be at for that long. Only get one life. I intend to make the best of it, regardless of how the cards may fall.

Other also, I really appreciate all the info and opinions on this. It is really helping along my research and decision. After reading some pretty disheartening things about ENV, I may actually take them off my list, even though they offer the best flow. That closed thread of Envoy Info where Dacuj threatened the pilot? Yeah, I'll keep looking in to them but that's pretty bad.

Thanks again, everyone.
Furloughs folks will understand.

For your own sake I hope you’ve got a better reason to say that you quit during your next interview than a bad van driver and the company counseling you for not using the proper procedures to give feedback about contract hotel vendors... if an interviewer hears that they probably won’t even want to ask what happened with RAH. They may just write you off as a fickle malcontent and add you to their do not hire list.

You seem pretty wired to quit at the first time of adversity or things not going the way you want them to. You’re right that Envy probably isn’t a good company for you because of that. I’m not sure any of the ones you listed are... maybe Skywest... maybe...