View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 06:14 AM
atpwannabe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Math Teacher
Default American Flyers Internship

Originally Posted by bigD
I have been looking around at some of the postings about FBO's vs. Academies on the site and came across a posting about the American Flyers internship. I have looked over their website and gathered some information about the 24 month program, seeing as I am currently working on my PPL and already have a four year degree I was thinking about applying to the internship. Anybody on here done this or know of anyone who has? Is there something I'm not seeing here? It sounds almost too good to be true!!

bigD:

It's not to good to be true. Just as rickair7777 mentioned on another thread about AF {see DCA posts under Flight Training}, you are gonna work your a$$ off, however the experience you receive (along with the $$$$ ) is IMO worth it.

There is nothing wrong with hard work & sacrifice. In the end, you will value the time & effort you put into your training. This not to say however that you wouldn't feel the same after attending one of the academies. On the other hand, where can you get your CFII, AMEL, and still receive training (performing the duties ) of a Flight Department Manager. 2-4-1; not bad in my book. Perserverance is the key though.

Last edited by atpwannabe; 04-01-2006 at 06:20 AM.