View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 04:04 PM
Baradium
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by HighFlight View Post
When the gate agent scanned me down to the plane it was mine. Was I thinking I might get it taken back? Yes. But the agent did right by ME that time by not letting the DL CA take it from me. I’m not bragging about anything, just telling how it happened. The deck isn’t always stacked against us little people.

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule at Delta to tell us how to act. Hopefully you are doing us all a solid over there by talking us up, and helping folks realize just how good EDV is.
No, it wasn't "yours," the agent was supposed to pull you right back off the airplane. 15 minutes is the cutoff whether you're boarded or not. I spent 10 years at 9E dealing with it, and I have volunteered to a gate agent that I was the one who wasn't supposed to get on as well as had an agent come down a jet bridge to pull me out of the jumpseat when boarding was finished.

I do actually talk up 9E people and how great of a group it is to ML pilots but stuff like this can leave a lasting negative impression. Even if it's only one person doing it, this type of thing will take off and make the rounds a lot faster than me saying that there are a thousand plus Endeavor pilots who we should get to mainline before they get snagged by someone else.

And I wouldn't care who you worked for, I'd tell you the same thing. Jumpseat etiquette is very important in this field and I consider it a mark of actually being a professional. If you want to be treated like one, start acting like it.

As an aside, nice job trying to turn it into an "us vs them" thing. Am I supposed to be ashamed that I was fortunate enough to get on with mainline? I know that I thought it in poor taste to see people who got on to a major suddenly seem too good to care about regional pilots, but you seem to take issue with anyone having an interest in what goes on at the regionals if they get on with a major. Of course, this specific discussion is about jumpseat etiquette anyway, so I'm not even sure why that matters to you on this one.