Thread: DAL Class drops
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 06:37 PM
Scoop
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DAL 330

Originally Posted by MSP7ERB View Post
I'm not worried about it but was just pointing out that MSP can be a very tough nut to crack. In MSP, the plug on the 7ER got hired over 3 years ago and for the 320 almost 2 years ago. The plug on the 737 got hired Jan 2017. The only folks that got in under 12 months were a handful of MD88 FOs and we all know what their fate is going to be. I'm on year 9 and have remained stagnant because very rarely do people junior to me backfill my category. They almost always come in senior to me. Not complaining about it but that is just the way it's been. There is a good chance that MSP will see a 717 base and the 737 category will continue to grow in MSP. My best guess would be the 737 would be a new hires quickest ticket to being MSP based but it wont come quick.

It is definitely a bummer to be in or want to fly out of a senior base and although not much of a consolation with our schizophrenic marketing department things will surely change.

For over a decade LAX was an afterthought at DAL. I lucked out at got LAX in my second month as a FE then got displaced to MCO, furloughed and it took until year 7 to get back. Then we got the 737 base, the 717 base and also the 777 base and LAX is now one of the more junior bases. Of course I am now plotting my "Escape From LA!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drOdRwD1JF0

That is the good thing about our flying - If you don't like it - don't worry it will soon change. Lots of rumors flying around (pun intended) about new MSP domiciles.

Scoop