Banned
full of luv
Banned
close
  • Joined APC
    Dec 2009
  • Position
    Narrow/Left Wide/Right
Quote: Yep, and that applies to both seats.

I’ve got free, glowing recommendation letters to Delta for anyone that wants one.

I’ve had a really long run of good flying partners. We all complain, but I saw a big change in attitude after the raise-money talks.

I’ve asked many times on C&R, but don’t remember getting an answer-how many airlines have you worked for that gave you as much outside of section 6 as we’ve been given? I did get one answer, that it was a conspiracy to screw us later.

On pay issues-I rarely have any. I wonder if there is a big difference in LAA and LUS pay systems and effectiveness of their respective operations.
Aint this the truth!!! In my reserve unit 20yrs ago, EVERY AA pilot would BEOTCH about the company and Mgmt and the way they were treated as cost units.
Mgmt would CHARGE the new hires to ride non-rev TO WORK (for something like 6 or 12 yrs) (if there was a seat) prompting many to commute offline to save money.
One new hire that got bumped back to Eagle after the furloughs had to basically PAY to go sit reserve in San Juan according to him due to non-rev fees, taxes to commute.
When AA furloughed, they CUT OFF all their furloughees from non-rev bene's (even with a fee) after like 90 days forcing many to find ways to get to financial life-saving reserve jobs on their own, all while the other majors made some sort of non-rev provisions last through the furloughs.

After Delta got their new contract in late 2000 I believe, mgmt at AA offered Delta + 1%, with the only caveat being that future disputes went to baseball style arbitration (each side proposes solution, mediator just picks one) but APA thought it was a "trap" for the future so turned it down, obviously no one thought 9-11 type of downturn was coming, but that one ended up hurting.

Anyway, today's AA Mgmt has given PS outside of section 6, offered raises outside of section 6, and improved work rules outside section 6. That would have been inconceivable in years past!

It would seem to compare AA "culture" today to the past, at least from a mgmt/APA animosity level, it seems to have completely changed.

Best of luck to APA/AA in keeping up the forward momentum.