View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 02:13 PM
MickeyFlies
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by Newstick189 View Post
A little birdy told me that along with a host of QOL improvements, pay increase is forthcoming. However, ready reserve is going to be a thing (however it will be incentive pay based).

End of April ends the negotiation period. Allegedly whatever comes through the pipeline needs to be a yes vote since the company is not obligated to do anything for us since this is just a contract amendment and not an outright contract negotiation.

Should be interesting.
First off, nothing ever HAS to be voted yes. The content of the TA or LOA should be voted on by it’s merits. Also, there is a mediation period that follows the negotiations. It only results in “suggestion” by the mediator but it could lead to more negotiations. Next, ready reserve (in the right form) is not a bad thing. Some would love it and others would dislike it. Also, what pay increases are coming?! 1%? 50%? 100%? Will captains make out better than first officers? Or vice versa?

Most importantly, what host of QOL improvements are coming? Will we get three days off between trips? Will we get a guaranteed mix of 1, 2, 3, and 4 day trips? Will MMD be converted to a true minimum day and be increased? Are there reserve improvements such as a defined trip assignment hierarchy or automatic release on your last day? Does the interface period get eliminated? Is there a contractual obligation for the company to make better trips? Is there an electronic trip trade/pickup/drop provision?

Finally, what are the give backs for all these improvements your birdie mentioned? You’ve already said ready reserve but what about PBS? If so, what kind of system is it? Do we get better vacation blocks to make up for the potential to go down to a 5 day “vacation?” Does the Union have input into the bid? Can the company take a trip off of a senior pilot and put it on a junior pilot to make more efficient schedules?

Critically, was the person who told you that this MUST be passed in the Union? If so, we’re completely hosed. I’m sorry to jump on you. I’ve heard a ton of ridiculous rumors and opinions in the last few weeks. Silly speculation is only hurting the employee group at this point.