View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 02:20 PM
teddy3412
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by Blueskies21 View Post
I might have to eat my words... I went and looked up the FAA definition of Flight time;

"Flight time means:

(1) Pilot time that commences when an aircraft moves under its own power for the purpose of flight and ends when the aircraft comes to rest after landing; or

(2) For a glider without self-launch capability, pilot time that commences when the glider is towed for the purpose of flight and ends when the glider comes to rest after landing."

Until they start tracking the fifth OOOI, I'd say you have no way to determine when the aircraft has moved under its own power so logging block time would be appropriate.

Once they start tracking the fifth OOOI, I'd say that you might be obligated to only log from forward movement, as that seems to also match the FAR Part 1 definition.

Seems like that COULD slow guys logging time in NYC towards the upgrade (assuming people were to actually adjust their flight time logging to comply with that definition)
We've been logging it the old way for awhile now and no one has batted an eyelash. Some guys could log one way or the other. Or someone might just roll the plane forward a bit and then reset the brake lol. This could go a lot of ways.