Gets Weekends Off
captjns
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Feb 2006
  • Position
    B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar
Quote: When I started reading this thread, I was motivated and everyone seemed happy, then the posts started deteriating. From becomming cynical to just plain negative. What happened?
The job is what you make it. If you stay away from the politics, the union crap, and the negatives you'll do great! If you are starting out with a new family, then no good can come from it. If you're single no cares nor any worries, then go for it. Remember... nobody wants to hear about how bad the job is. You and you alone are responsible for your own choices in life. You are an adult... you can make your own decisions in life. I chose the single path, no family... and have had greater adventures in aviation then guys with AA, DAL, NWA, UAL put together. I also don't have the Union BS they have. I don't have to carry my ALPO dog dish around. But on the other hand... I am away from home more than perhaps I would like to be. I have no regrets after 30 years in this wacky world of aviation. I am not an ALPA union koolaide drinker, and have money set aside for my retirement on my own with my own personal contract negiation. I am in control of my own career, destiny, and retirement income. You want to have fun? Follow you heart... but of course at not the expense of your loved ones... your family.