View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 02:29 AM
Grrrr
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post
I'm pretty part of your difficulty centers on the -2:22 from last month. When you say "last month" are you talking about March (which is still technically the current month). Or, is that really from February. I'm not certain, but since there isn't a "by month" column in the make-up bank balance, it's possible that the system can't differentiate between negative makeup operations associated with different months. In other words, while it's still March, you can't go 6CH negative in April if you're already negative for March. The bottom line is, as long as your M/U bank is showing -2:22, you're not going to be able to go -6:00 in the hole on top of that for April. I'm not 100% certain this is the source of your problem, but I think it's a good possibility.

You're statement about the 5:48 CH isn't really correct. That doesn't become part of your make-up bank until the month is over and you haven't done any more trades to affect that balance. So, trying to use that 5:48 in a M/U bid line adjustment will not work.

We can trip trade using trips that are part of our awarded line for a net gain of 12 CH each month. That has nothing to do with your make-up bank. We can put in for make-up trips up to the value of our make-up bank plus 6 CH. Those two operations do not overlap and allow some kind of synergistic combination of trip trading and make-up credit hours.

The fact that you see the trip trading difference in another column confirms that the system is seeing those hours differently than CH associated with your actual makeup bank. Keep in mind, trips with different assignment codes usually can't be mixed in the same request. i.e. If you pick-up a trip using general make-up (M/U code) and then try to trade that trip and another that was already on your line (TRP code) for a third trip in open time, you'll get denied.

So, my take on your situation is that your trip trading activity that results in either a negative or positive balance of CH is tracked through the month as just that.....trip trading activity. You can go up to negative 12:00 for that. That column has nothing to do with your make-up bank and you can't mix those CH with makeup hours.
Thanks for the info. That helps a lot. I see the difference you're pointing out between MU and trip trading but when i go to add a trip back to my schedule, it requires me to code it as something. The only thing I see that would come close to matching the situation is M/U and I believe that is what I used for March to wind up at -2:22. I'll see what happens when the March bid month ends and April begins. Thanks again for the help