View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 11:17 AM
Hot Richard
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Blackhawk View Post
If you're just starting out in this business I think you have nothing to lose by coming here except six months seniority somewhere else. XJT is like one of those stocks that's been beaten down. If you get in on the bottom and things turn around you look like a genius. If things do fold you've lost little.
Personally, I don't see things folding. The CRJ side lost the DAL flying last summer and the transition to Endeavor picking it up hasn't been as great as all the suits thought it would be. This isn't 2012 when Comair pilots had nowhere else to go. Pilots immediately started leaving for SkyWest and UAL's competition and it's gotten so bad that the CEO of Inc has had several meetings with the ERJ/CRJ MEC chairmen on how to stem the hemorrhaging pilot numbers. We were supposed to keep flying until the end of 2018, but that slipped to October 2018 due to a lack of pilots. Now there are rumors that we will shut down the DAL flying this summer. DAL asked us to hold off delivery of the final -900's as Endeavor couldn't staff them, but we told them the schedule is set and they can pay the leases on airplanes that sit, not us.
So that leaves us with UAL flying. UAL tried to transfer the ERJ's to CommuteAir, but they had issues taking as many as they said they could. I hear the transfer is picking up again, but both sides are pretty much taking ERJ's out of the desert as soon as they can man them. The idea of someone suddenly being able to find pilots to staff 100+ ERJ's in this environment is ludicrous. But then again, it is United. Who knows what they will try to do.
As for the rumors that UAL is/has purchased us... well, look around at this forum. The same rumor is floating around every UAL feeder in some shape or form.
Not sure where you're hearing that, each aircraft has been online in the required time, and 9E is overstaffed for the additional flying right now, they planned for this well out. Biggest issue has been the multitude of bugs to be worked out in each tail coming over.