View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 11:41 AM
Blackhawk
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Originally Posted by Hot Richard View Post
1. Not a clue, but every single jet scheduled has been on the line within days of required time, and endeavor has slowed down hiring due to staffing. March specifically? Tremendous number of IROPs in NYC, but looking over the 9E numbers, nothing at least on the two class side has been affected by staffing. Delta is fine with 9E, and looking to add more to their fleet.

2. Because 9E isn't taking over the 700s, and until Skywest gets their 175SCs operational and in NYC, somebody needs to stay flying to the end of the year. Those tails have to stay flying until Skywest has their equivalent 70 seaters delivered and NYC up and running- that isn't a 9E fault.
1. I didn’t say DAL is not fine with 9E. I see GoJet aircraft as the next ones to be transferred to 9E.
The March flying was picked up BEFORE the IROP. DAL asked us to pick up the flying in March well before- far enough out that we bid for it. Our bottom windows for March DAL flying was over 95 hours. I’ve never seen it that high.
I imagine the issue is the same issue Envoy is running into- not enough captains.
2. Then why does the 9E website show them taking over some of the -700’s? Is the website incorrect?
The issue with SkyWest manning things was part of my point. I think Inc assumed some of our pilots would leave and go over to their side. The vast majority went to Endeavor, Envoy and ULCC’s.