View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 11:47 AM
BeatNavy
Covfefe

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by Fenderbean View Post
Hi Wally, im a 19 year Army Rotor guy about to transition out of the Army. Looking to do what so many are doing and jump on the RTP train. I personally would love to fly with FedEX or UPS but from what I know these jobs seem to be much harder to get and do not have any RTP yet. That being said I have heard companies will still hire you and train you but it normally requires know someone, but this is just gossip. Any thoughts for a guy like me looking to start another career following your shoes? Thanks!
FedEx and UPS don’t count helictoper time. It counts the same to those companies as your time logged driving a car. Most majors don’t count helicopter time, except JetBlue. If you want to fly for FDX/UPS, your best bet is to go to a regional like many other army guys, get some right seat and left seat time, then maybe go to a place like Kalitta once you’re competitive there, or keep waiting for a call from a legacy or cargo carrier from the regional. Most major airline hiring departments give app points for mil service for guys like us, but not mil flying credit like mil fixed wing guys. Join RTAG on Facebook. Lots of good info there.