View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 12:03 PM
Blackhawk
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Originally Posted by Hot Richard View Post
1. Understand now. Yes EDV needs captains but not to the point of cancelling. Not sure what's happening behind the scenes there.

2. Technically 3 700s from ASA (I more referred to the brunt of the 700s, the EV tailed Delta doesn't own), but the other 20 something are totally leaving DCI, and those are the ones hanging on until Skywest gets 175SCs running. EDV has 2/3 700s running already. My guess is OO won't have NYC 175 running exactly on time, so DAL needs ASA flying those 700s until the last day. And yes I agree about staffing. I've yet to meet an ASA guy going to OO, but we've had many welcomed here.

I'm no fan of what's going on, and would rather keep ASA around and have another ALPA DCI carrier. I'd never step foot in OO seeing what they've done. They gladly took 9E planes during bankruptcy
We are leaving LGA end of May. Initially it was supposed to stay open until the fall. But attrition has been so high (we are down to about 450 pilots), that this changed. All hands will be trying to keep ATL staffed until the end, but not sure if that will work while also fulfilling the AAL contract in DFW. There are even rumors about our $20k DAL bonus increasing.