View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 06:52 AM
Blackhawk
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Originally Posted by SkipperBaloo View Post
Its not a bad place, there is just absolutely no future here. Skywest will continue to bleed us dry until we shut the doors because they've just become a cannibal over the last 5+ years. Both airlines were bought so they could grow at our expense. Our mgmt continues to pump false hope and the tow the line from st. George. When we transferred the 200s out it was to focus on profitable 700 flying. When we cancelled the Delta 700 contract it was to take on profitable e145 flying. Next tower to tumble will be DFW to Skywest because we can't staff the crj (and ill be shocked btw) and the United 145s will be done within 2-3 years at best. Don't come here, go somewhere that has a future and REAL career advancement.
I don't necessarily disagree, but I think the landscape is different than it was in 2012 when Comair was shut down and the suits are finally waking up to this. I think CC and company are realizing they just handed their competition about 1000 trained pilots who are getting tough to replace, even if they aren't your fair haired favorites.

For a new hire, if they live close to one of the XJT bases I don't think they have anything to lose by coming here, get the training and give it 6-12 months. But I would encourage them not to get comfortable. If there still isn't a tangible long term future here outside of the 145's punch out and make a lateral move. Like I said, I view it as making a gamble with some extra money on a penny stock. You haven't invested your life savings as some of us were foolish enough to do so if things don't pan out you move on after a year. If things do turn around then you hit a home run.