View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 04:52 PM
All Bizniz
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
I guess you could always quit. Its not indentured servitude after all.
I understand in this moment of change and possibly great upheaval to our lives these issues might elicit emotional rather than logical responses but I assure you my friend, I am not your enemy.

I never said being at Alaska is comparable to indentured service and I acknowledge that we did get some good things with the Alaska acquisition.

I plan on staying because I am quite senior and would never be able to catch up financially were I to start over. If I was younger and not as senior however, I absolutely would be looking to go elsewhere, something that some of our guys are actively considering.

I made reference to $300k and a bad QOL vs $240k and an excellent QOL to make the point that contrary to what some AS pilots think, some of us do not think that we won the lottery. We know that legacy AS pilots have not been happy with this place and it is primarily because of QOL issues - that's no secret.

So all I'm saying is that many VX pilots are ambivalent about our average 30% pay increase windfall because it appears that it will come at too steep a price by way of a significant QOL degradation.