View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 05:38 PM
Blackhawk
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
I definitely thought the LASA side had a solid contract until at least 2020. (That’s when t was supposed to expire.). That was very profitable flying at one time.

But we saw how that went.

SKYW will definitely close down LXJT. I hate it, but it will happen. They are making an example of what happens to unionized work groups.

Another factor is that SKYW mgmt nowadays is not run by Atkins. I think he had different plans. The new tactic seems to be almost a corporate raider mentality.
While possible (I also didn't see the CRJ news coming this soon), I don't think Inc will risk losing the number of pilots they just lost from the CRJ side. Same with UAL... though who knows what they really think.
With DAL they had an operation up and running with Endeavor to absorb LASA pilot after the contract termination was announced, and many went there (and Envoy). Currently I don't see UAL having anything similar. Their initial attempt to give CommutAir ERJs didn't go well. That is picking up again, but don't see them being able to field 100+ ERJ's if they had issues handling what... about 20? I guess UAL could swoop in and purchase someone else and set them up, but it took DAL a few years to get Endeavor to the point where they could handle the airplanes.
But again, to the OP's point. None of us really knows what will happen. We could be the next Comair, or we could turn into Endeavor. Or something else. I think a year of seniority would not be losing much to give it a shot if the bases are right for him/her.