View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 07:04 PM
jcountry
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014

Originally Posted by Blackhawk View Post
While possible (I also didn't see the CRJ news coming this soon), I don't think Inc will risk losing the number of pilots they just lost from the CRJ side. Same with UAL... though who knows what they really think.
With DAL they had an operation up and running with Endeavor to absorb LASA pilot after the contract termination was announced, and many went there (and Envoy). Currently I don't see UAL having anything similar. Their initial attempt to give CommutAir ERJs didn't go well. That is picking up again, but don't see them being able to field 100+ ERJ's if they had issues handling what... about 20? I guess UAL could swoop in and purchase someone else and set them up, but it took DAL a few years to get Endeavor to the point where they could handle the airplanes.
But again, to the OP's point. None of us really knows what will happen. We could be the next Comair, or we could turn into Endeavor. Or something else. I think a year of seniority would not be losing much to give it a shot if the bases are right for him/her.

A year can be a big deal in this industry.

If anyone has the option, I would recommend one of the regionals with an actual flow through. I hear 2013 hires are flowing from PSA right now.

Of course, your point about bases is a good one. Everyone's situation is different, and that could be a huge consideration for some.

But people need to know what they are getting into. If anyone has a long-term future planned out at a regional, this ain't it. Hell, I think even SKYW wouldn't be a long-term plan. Those guys are getting a seniority problem as well. We have seen what happens to seniority-heavy regionals.