View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 08:50 PM
DirectArchi
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2018
Position: ERJ F/O

Mine was a 45-minute HR-based interview back in March, administered by a Captain. Nothing super technical. Easy HR questions, such as...

"Your Captain says/does this during taxi, how would you react? Preflight turns up this squawk on a last leg of a four-day trip, WWYD? Ever have a checkride failure and how did you recover from this setback? Ever bust an FAR, and what did you learn from it?"

Pretty obvious stuff, maybe one challenging question just to see how you react to the occasional 'unanswerable question'. Just sit up straight, be friendly, relax and you'll be fine. Wear a conservative suit and tie. Have your logbooks tabbed for quick reference. Be open and honest about any struggles you may have had in your past training, you're a human being after all. Got the conditional job offer on the spot.

After much deliberation, I turned down a couple other regional offers and am joining the CPZ Team. I have researched this quite a bit, and although its not perfect, for pilots on the Left Coast CPZ looks like a great place to grow. See ya on the line!