View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 05:04 AM
Blackhawk
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
A year can be a big deal in this industry.

If anyone has the option, I would recommend one of the regionals with an actual flow through. I hear 2013 hires are flowing from PSA right now.

Of course, your point about bases is a good one. Everyone's situation is different, and that could be a huge consideration for some.

But people need to know what they are getting into. If anyone has a long-term future planned out at a regional, this ain't it. Hell, I think even SKYW wouldn't be a long-term plan. Those guys are getting a seniority problem as well. We have seen what happens to seniority-heavy regionals.
A year can be a big deal but much of that depends on your age. If you are in your late 40's that year is a really big deal. In your mid 20's, not so much.
Still, I do usually recommend one of the AAL feeders as well, though I tell pilots not to rely on the flow and to get apps out, just use it as a backup.
Yeah, I do think Inc pilots will start to see their fast upgrades slowing down. The fact that CC and other Inc management expressed concerns about XJT pilot attrition was telling.
But any pilot in this industry should view what happened here as a wakeup call not to get comfortable until the logo on your paycheck matches the logo on the tail.