View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 10:00 PM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by B757 View Post
Don't call the tower. Don't respond to that letter of investigation, in the hopes the FAA will bless you through teary eyes and send you on your way. Call an attorney. You'll hear all day long that you don't need one. The person who tells you that does not have your best interests at heart. Know it. Embrace it.

The FAA is not your friend.

..Unfortunately this kind of thinking has became the mentality in the US today..People trying to sneak away from their responsibilities, and hide behind the lawyers when they know they are wrong..

..What about accepting the mistake when it happens..??..Be a man..
..My experience with the FAA / ATC has been the exact opposite..I have made a few mistakes in the past..As a professional pilot I have accepted the responsibility, and shared my views with the FAA /ATC..Guess what..Not a single investigation / violation on my record so far, after 30 yrs of flying around the world..

..Here is my advise..Do as they say, be honest and accept your responsibilities..The best and easiest way to handle any situation, whether it happens in the skies or in everyday life..
..I have spoken..

Fly safe,
B757[/QUOTE]

It's advice, not advise.

Legal counsel has never been "be a man."

Yes, you have spoken, but badly. Foolishly, too, and clearly without foundation of understanding of experience.

Seeking legal counsel (this is a form on aviation law, a discussion of which is decidedly not "be a man," which has no bearing on a discussion of law, and is irrelevant) is not unmanly; it is the intelligent course of action when attending a legal matter.

If you have a medical issue, seek a doctor. If you seek to understand flight, seek a flight instructor. If you have a legal issue, see an attorney. This is not hiding behind an attorney. It's learning your rights and what to do and what not do to. Your counsel is the embracing of ignorance, which is neither prudent nor intelligent, and very, very bad advice (not advise) in all matters legal, and not.