Thread: Al's E-mail
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2005, 05:50 AM
bluebrother

Originally Posted by automatique
FNG had some interesting points to ponder. Do you?
I freely admit I was puzzled. Al seemed to say things were going to get better, but I perceived a "brace yourself" tone.
Anybody else get that feeling, or am I also just paranoid?

yeah, i have a point to make...stop subscribing to your ALPA magazine..

FNG's points are pointless. give me the exact numbers of how are pairings productivity has gone down year over year.... until then, its all BS.

-the company will not reduce productivity to prevent IROPS. (it cost more in the long run)
-pairing flight crews together does not affect pilots, it will only affect the top 10% of flight attendents. our pairings have almost been equal +- 1 or 2 hours for 3 and 4 day trips. thats a fact.

the main reasons for irops this summer is:
A. we are growing to fast for our facilities.
B. wrong managers in critical positions. (they might be able to manage ops for 20 aircraft, but not with the amount we have now.
C. understaffing for the summer months. i.e. pilots and F/A's (that doesnt mean to make more lines so every one can fly, it means having more reserves, i.e. equal ratio for lines/reserves year round.)

I have been here long enough to believe and have seen that when AL says he is going to try and fix the problem he will. (it doesnt mean he is going to stick it up our a**) which FNG is trying to promote. thats why i believe he is still very naive to the culture of jetblue.

if FNG believe's jetblue will not correct these problems with crew services and Flight ops due to costing money, then his ideology is getting the best of him. you see, it cost less in the long term to fix them now, instead of waiting (not paying to fix the problem) like UNITED, DELTA, US AIR, who are still losing money.

Last edited by bluebrother; 07-31-2005 at 06:02 AM.