View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 04:59 AM
Lvlng4Spd
Happy at PDT

Joined APC: Jan 2014
Position: EMB-145 CA

Originally Posted by Future Cpt Kirk View Post
Then you’re working in a bubble that exists in another dimension of Pdt. Because you ar the minority if these things aren’t happening to you and you don’t see them. Almost EVERY captain is being extended right now. Junior mans are frequent. Section 19’s for sick and fatigue. 11 days off with 16 hour credit trips. Official company policy is no more in base hotels, at all. Senior captains being interfaced to min days off. What everyone says negative... unfortunately it’s true.
Oh I believe you...just saying it's not every single Captain. I've been a PHL CA for just over 2 years. Sure I've been interfaced, but 13 or 14 days off is the norm. I just think it's a two-edged sword...people come here to not be on reserve, but then are surprised they have to work more or only have 11 days off. They would be airport standby or forever reserve at a lot of other joints. I don't have a dog in the fight, I'm out in a few months. I do want to see you all have the experience I have had/enjoyed as well though. I hope this negotiation will bear the fruit we all deserve.