View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 05:36 AM
Wbrady755
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Default Non-Commuter

Originally Posted by Iregretnothing View Post
11 days off is the min they have to give you so why would anybody expect to get more when we're short pilots? Junior Manning can only happen 4 times a year...plan accordingly. This is all in a contract that was agreed upon by the pilot group. Does it suck? Sometimes. Hopefully, we get some decent changes out of our negotiations that will benefit the pilots but for now we're stuck working under the contract we have. If you're sick I'm pretty sure you can prove it if anyone asks. I myself have never had managent question me about it and if they did I was ready to get a note. The fact is some people call out sick when their commute is looking terrible. That's a dick move to scheduling and fellow pilots who have to cover their lying ass. I expect most of the complaints come from commuting pilots. I am a commuter so I understand the struggle, but it is a struggle I choose to bring upon myself. If you want an easy job, move to where you work like the rest of the people in the world. I fail to see these issues as being different than what has been going on here for years. Now all of a sudden it's a problem when the competition raises the bar. I have been frustrated from being extended too, but again, I agreed to work under the current contract. With the market the way it is I have a lot of options that I am exploring and everyone else should be too. Go where you think you'll be happier. Like Trump says, if you don't like the way business is done then change the law. The company will do what they can do within the contract. If they violate that than you have a case to take to the union. When we reach a new agreement perhaps things will be better although I think there will still be complainers.
Coming from a total Noob- I haven't even been to Indoc, but I have been following this thread for about 4 weeks, so just a few questions.

1) I plan to buy a house in the PHL area, its where I am from, and I'm excited about it. Many of the concerns seem to surround commuters. Can anyone tell me the pros/cons of PDT for FOs who live-in base? What does a normal month look like?

2) What is junior manning? I've heard it mentioned many times but still don't know what it is?

3) Im about a month out from training. Is it worth it for me to look at PSA to stay in PHL? I am blindly optimistic that the rising tide will lift all ships.