Thread: Base Seniority
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 06:36 AM
Skydriver02
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by StrykerFL View Post
Thanks MTM.. Any idea what the current attrition rate is? I’m in the April 2nd class and word is everyone will be going to LAS because of the DEN drawdown. With the 4-month training footprint I was thinking I could possibly be DEN based before IOE, based on attrition of course..
Attrition is 6-8/month. I wouldn't expect to get out of Vegas before IOE for sure. They just involuntarily displaced a group to LAS the last 2 months and added another 16 spots in LAS for the month of July. So you are guaranteed not to hold DEN for 3-4 months. I know for fact 10 months seniority could not bid into DEN last bid. The junior guys that are there lucked out and held it before the shrinking occured. I wouldn't plan on Denver anytime soon as the last two VSA's shrunk the Denver pilot group!

It could all change tomorrow. Especially if we open another base as planned. After Vegas for a few months, how do you like the Northeast? I wouldn't come here expecting to hold a domicile within any timeframe. There is too much changing and we are in a fragile state with being able to hire the QUALITY pilots we need. VJA's are already starting and it's not even summer yet. If you come here, just come with eyes wide open, no expectations, and plan of going to LAS or wherever they decide to open a new base.