Old 04-06-2018, 05:13 PM
Zoomie
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Default Line pilots to be "pretend" students for TK

This message just popped up under CCS.

So, I don't remember an LOA or MOU regarding the usage of line pilots to act as pretend students for new instructors. This is a bad precedence to set when TK guys are training "current and qualified" guys already in the seat. This is the kind of stuff that has repercussions during contract negotiations. I don't have all the info, but it seems like a trial balloon of some sort.

My guess is this was just floated out there with 3 days for volunteers to **** off ALPA.

It also mentions the company will give preferential treatment based on where pilots are based, which we assume will either be from TK or from bases that have excess staffing. Wouldn't seniority be the gold standard for something like this?

Seems to me this probably wasn't run through our Union.

Why wouldn't the company merely hire some much lower wage pilots to "actually" go through training? We're not talking about an extra 100 or 200, its a few handfuls for each fleet. This is manpower negative and not covered under the UPA. I hope the union crushes this or gets them to bargain for it in an LOA.

PDR sent...