View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 01:03 PM
kingairfun
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
. When everyone can just understand and realize that you and everyone else are just glorified taxi/bus/limo drivers, the real focus can begin on what you’re actually worth. I won’t say being an airline pilot is prestigious...
I warned you about Netjets while you were still applying, you spent 2 years there and became a NJA knowitall, and then left a year or so ago, but post on the Netjets board ad nauseum.

If you really view being a pilot no more prestigious than bus/limo driving, then I suggest you go throw on a transit uni and go drive the city streets. Comments like these are ****ing ridiculuous.

Pretty much everyone of my non pilot friends (which is alot more than the number of pilot friends) works 9-5, mon -fri and get stoked for a 3 day weekend, or a week of vacation. The ones who make good money(100k) are typically burned out cubicle workings staring at financial numbers. The others make 50k doing manual labor...

I work half the month and get 3 days off all the time, and getting 5-7 off is pretty normally every month or so. I don't even know when my vacation is scheduled this year because I don't really even need to use it in the way 9-5ers use it.

You either have wealthy friends, parents, or haven't worked in the service or industry or witnessed much manual labor on your immediate family.

How many kids wanna visit the bus driver before a bus ride? How many parents say to their kids " their goes our bus driver".. how many adults walk up to the bus driver to start a conversation about the flight, or chit chat about their jobs?

This is a good job, in my opinion one of the best jobs you can have when you make it to the top. I often look forward to work, how many bus drivers say that? How many bank managers say that?

We're not gods, don't make millions. Aren't rock stars or pro athletes. And have to work for a living....but we are certainly not bus drivers