Old 11-02-2007, 01:18 PM
2cylinderdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post
While I agree, the reality ain't happening. So where does that leave us?

And to answer your signature line--the answer is "don't bid any widebody or the 757". Sad, isn't it? To get $2700 for the bro's overseas, I'm going to pass on upgrading to the 'bus or -11. That's going to cost about $1600 a month in lost income right there. Not playing for sympathy here--just pointing out the LOA has consequences for lots of folks who did not want to work at an FDA.

Do the math bros...32 vacancies x 1/six month = 192 guys to man the FDA (without new hires....) Subtract the mil leave guys and guys with legitimate family limitations, and you probably have at least 250 guys & gals subject to 1 month involuntary Hong Kong vacations. End of the world? Heck--I'd like to see the place again--but like everything else I'd like to be able to pick the time. And I'd like to get more than perdiem on my days off...so me and the mighty 727 will enjoy each other's company another year or two. I was so excited on the last contract when we got to bid for our training dates--that meant 2 months the schedulers could "goon up" and I couldn't bid around were finally free. I'm not ready to now give that back and spend April/Oct or May/Nov or Jun/Dec (ecch!) away for a month at a pop. So--since I can't find a vaccine for STV, I'll look for "safe bidding" by staying where I am.

Anyone else modifiying their bids to avoid STVs?
I have already emailed my Block Rep and expect the MEC to address this issue immediately.