View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 04:31 AM
RemoveB4flght
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008

From what i've been told from a guy who left there a couple years back, it's hard flying (tons of tropical weather), schedules that are unreliable, and the threat is looming of expats getting squeezed out. On the other hand Vietnam can be great to live in, Hanoi is much cleaner than HCMC but less 'westernized' (but great food).

If it were me and I was looking for narrow body with commuting options, I would check out a couple of the China contracts. I have flown (never based) extensively in China, it is challenging but doable. Stick to either a developed city like Shanghai or Guangzhou, or even Sanya island is pretty decent. I had looked into many of the commuting contracts, but the idea of flying back to the US would get old fast. Being able to stay in a similar time zone just a few hours away from Phils would make them much more doable. Alternatively check out Asiana 320 in Seoul, a bit less money but Korea is worlds apart from China and there are tons of flights between there and Phils.