Old 04-11-2018, 12:17 AM
Andy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: guppy CA

Originally Posted by Zoomie View Post
Either he was lying to you, you misunderstood him, or he is one of a few rare “uncapped” instructors who isn’t capped at 9th yr FO pay which is what the UPA dictates(Uncapped Instructors are guys who were grandfathered under the previous contract or won a grievance to match those who were grandfathered)

Per the UPA, I/Es (no longer PIs), are maxed out as “best held” 90 hrs per month plus $1215 override, so that would be the min. Best held means u have to be at least senior 1 WB FO to get WB pay.

Max of 3 overtimes at 5.3 hrs for 1st 2 OTs and 200% on 3rd OT makes a a max of 21.2 hrs add pay. So the max would be 111.2 hrs of 9th yr FO pay + $1215.

Evaluators(Captains) are not capped obviously, but the same hourly rate applies, $111.2 is max hrs plus override($1350 or
$1485)

Historically speaking it was a snowballs chance in hell to get 3 OT events. It’s only the last 3-6 months where this has been easier on the 737 fleet due to shortages.

If your friend was TDY from IAH last summer, then he was getting paid Per Diem for the time he was away from home + $25 a day for the days he worked. TDY pay went away last August.
9th to 12th yr WB FO pay's only a 4% difference. Not enough to be a serious deterrent IMHO.

He was an IAH PI on the 737, now at TK. I was shocked at how much he said he grossed last year. Not jealous, just shocked; I figured that he had to ***** himself out quite a bit to make that much.

I also hear some insane numbers on occasion from fellow line swine. I'll pick up extra days on occasion but I'm not going to try to kill myself in order to try grossing >$300K (including PS) in a year.