View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 06:27 PM
queue
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by Bozo the pilot View Post
Hey Q,
I would vote no over work rules/pay/retirement/scope/health care but I have to vote upon a preponderance of the contract.
In other words, you would be a no vote if most of the above listed were within reason, but the words "a pilot shall not clean" were not included?
Thats absolutely ridiculous.
Please tell me that you were exaggerating.

I am not exaggerating.

What WE know: the status quo of dealing with contracts doesn't work.

What I know: I personally deal contracts all the time and I make no compromises. Victory or death. The problem is that most pilots are just victims of people who make contracts and thus become defeatists by virtue of inexperience. Pilots are so trapped in their preconceived notions and experiences shaped by contractual tablescraps that their sense or normalcy is patently false and based on a "race to the bottom" syndrome. Mine is not. I am not of this industry and I will work to completely reshape it so that we are respected as true professionals. I will not tolerate the Stockholm Syndrome that most pilots seem to suffer from. These are not difficult contracts. They are not rocket science. Fortune 500 companies make significantly more complex contracts every day. ALL transportation sector contracts are essentially drag-and-drop with only minor variations. There are no new concepts to explore. These aren't contracts to colonize the moon.

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.