View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 04:20 AM
huseyydemm
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2017
Talking

I think kids are smart and quick thinker enough, to learn the basics of aviation.
And, they are more into apps and games, than us, adults. I think the aviation magazine is a very good idea. And next to that, you can download games apps, like xplane, flight simulator , and some more serious stuff. Even when it comes to theory, the quizzes are can be taught as a kind of game.
You can see many apps with lot of demonstration pictures at Best PPL Trainer apps for pilots - iOS, Android | Pilotapplications.com .

In a couple of years he can learn to fly anyway.

Originally Posted by 89Pistons View Post
Need an assist. My son thinks he has an interest in aviation and would like to take an introductory flight this summer. I've looked online for student pilot material but none of it was designed to teach a 12 year old the basics and an intro into PPL training. I'd like for him to do some studying on his own before I get him an introductory flight and before I go get checked out so I can take him up after that.

Do any of you know of any training materials that are catered for kids his age? Thanks in advance.