Old 11-02-2007, 09:55 PM
TonyWilliams
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Self employed

Originally Posted by YAKflyer View Post
Frankly, I don't understand how SAPA maintains any credibility when all I've seen them provide are hollow promises from SGU and miniscule rate increases (or in the case of the Bro no increase)

The ALPA guys have told me that a 30% pay CUT they took was good because it would have been 45%. I guess things are all relative. By the way, I wasn't here for ANY of the previous pay issues, so I'm merely a bystander to history. Perhaps you are, too?

Those who have a poor opinion of ALPA don't understand the process or business of representation. When bad things happen (think 9/11) unions can not insulate their members from the pain, all they can do is damage control. I am amazed that many blame their union for any ugliness they may have to endure.

That's a bold statement. If you don't like ALPA, you're ignorant about unions? Might I suggest you need to rephrase that?

I agree 50% support is not earth shattering, but not exactly surprising when the pilots are bombarded with anti-union propaganda from management and SAPA officers.

Which SAPA officers are "bombarding" you? Name one. What was sent?

You need to actually OBSERVE, and not take the whole ALPA sandwhich in one bite.

when the SAPA president hints of improvements if ALPA is rejected and managements letters allude to "fixing" our problems together, it's a wonder certification is even a possibility.

And ALPA hasn't suggested that they're going to "fix" everything? Come on....