View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 01:40 PM
dodgerk
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by Buck Rogers View Post
You are going to get paid ALL of the rotation value no matter what. You can fly back the sick time and decrease your sick bank usage or just stay out for the whole trip and have all of it come out of you sick bank

One possible upside is that if you pull a knucklehead move and forget to call in well, AND the scheduler does not give you a courtesy call to inquire your status, you don't commute in just to find out that the schedulers assigned your trip to a reserve. Thus, while you will still get paid for the second trip, your sick bank will take another hit and you might open yourself up to monitoring status. As a side note, I have been called by scheduling as in this scenario. I did not consider it "sick leave harassment" as some here would and was most thankful that I got the courtesy call. I don't consider it harassment 'cause the scheduler could GAS...he just cares about getting all the trips covered and he has a lot of arrows in his quiver to accomplish that, the first being to check to make sure that it wasn't an oversight on your part.

YMMV

What is monitoring status? If you are out for two weeks does the company start to watch you more or investigate you?