Thread: Yikes Part 2
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 10:05 AM
Adlerdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post

Ah, so his lawyer LIED for him. She presented weekend warrior duty as if it were 24 solid years under active duty orders. Why then should we believe anything else she has to say?

I'll grant you, both AFRES and ANG people make real contributions to the active forces, but it isn't the same, and both he and she knew it. Makes you wonder just what else she is weasel-wording.
If you want to continue trying and convicting this guy on APC, that's your prerogative. But on this particular point, you are starting to sound like an ass.

Someone who spent a portion of their 24 years of military service on active duty and the other part in the ANG or Reserves (or all of it in the ANG/Reserves) is a "24-year Air Force veteran". There's absolutely nothing being misrepresented or embellished with that statement.

You have no idea what was involved in this particular individuals military career. Deployments, unit activation, periods of full-time AD orders or simply flying and working far more than the minimum. There were years I served in the ANG where I flew more hours than when I was on active duty.

No one flying and maintaining currency and mission ready status in a USAF MDS as a traditional Guardsman or Reservist is only doing it on the "weekends". Referring to anyone serving in that capacity as a "weekend warrior" is pretty demeaning and a far bigger misrepresentation of reality than what you're accusing this lawyer of.

Get a grip.