View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 05:08 PM
shavetail
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2017

I retired a few months back after a 5 yr staff gig and timing worked to get back into the game with a regional. Lots of factors for choosing my regional but top on list was ease of commute to DEN. Should be based in DEN after 4 months of flying. Have the option to fly on company jet too and gives priority in the jump. End game stay in ABQ and commute to DEN with a legacy or major (6-7 daily 1hr non-stop flts to DEN). Could take 2-5 yrs to be based in DEN. But I think I limited end game without really taken into account UPS or FEDEX. I need to rethink that and should jump on a seat to get an accurate idea about flying FEDEX/UPS. I need to consider since I assumed commuting to FEDEX/UPS was not ideal until AlderDriver mentioned it. You have me thinking now....AlderDriver, can you give me an idea how a commute from ABQ to MEM or other hub on FEDEX would work? I toyed around with the FEDEX Jumpseat website....has a daily late night flight non-stop to MEM most days. Looks easier to get to MEM than LAX. Assuming MEM as hub, and commuting from ABQ, would duty start the next day or would it be possible to start flight period upon arrival late that night. Thank you