View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 10:52 AM
queue
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by Bluedriver View Post
When I came here, none of the legacies were hiring yet, and our pay rates (we still had premium pay and peer-set average pay rates with annual pay reviews back then) were very close to our peers at the time, plus premium pay.

This place was FAR from perfect, but the others weren't hiring and we were much closer to our peers in pay than we are now. Were you here then? Have you been here throughout the significant nose-dive our relative compensation has taken?

Not to mention that we were growing ASMs at roughly 10% a year at the time, with deliveries at approximately 12 per year, scheduled to ramp up to 15 per year while we only had a fleet size of 160 or so aircraft. If you are good at math, compare that to what we are doing now and what our current (revised much lower) delivery schedule is relative to our current fleet size (and our current ASM growth).

EVERYTHING has gotten worse in my time here. Everything.

I recommend you not judge me based on *your* experience alone.
Great post. Particularly because many people are comparing their experiences against their 135 jobs or some regional 121 carrier.

JetBlue is making a fortune per passenger compared to other airlines. It looks like BJ's business model is no different than Allegiant's.

https://www.cbs.com/shows/60_minutes...der-the-radar/ (full episode)

For the disbelievers...

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.