Thread: Mesa purposely makes QOL worse than necessary

frankgh , 04-16-2018 11:18 AM
Works Weekends & It's OK
frankgh
Works Weekends & It's OK
close
  • Joined APC
    Sep 2015
Quote: Have you noticed how they purposely make a lot of the trips under 19.5 hours apiece? I thought about how May had 5 workweeks in it where I could possibly get a whole week off if I bid correctly to get my 78 hours into 4 weeks of bidding. I thought it would be great to get 15 or 16 days off in May rather than my usual 11 or 12. But no, if I bid four weeks of trips that are about 19.3 or 19.4 hours apiece, I will be below 78, and they will be sure to throw another trip in there. It also infuriates me how they try their best to make the trips so that they're not easily commutable on one end or the other, or lately even both ends! You'll have your first and last day, the commute day, chock full of legs, and the two days in the middle will be short days. It would make more sense to have the long days on days 2 and 3, and the shorter ones on days 1 and 4 to make it easier to commute without being forced to pay for a hotel room at one end or the other. I wonder why they want to make life more miserable when it's hard enough to find pilots as it is?
I wouldn't dare guess why your experience is so poor. I've held a line at DFW since December, average 13 days off a month and I've only had to commute in a day early 3 times. My trips have been very commutable. I've only been JA once and it canceled before it started. Attitude is altitude. Every time I've asked MAGpbs for some advice, he has always helped me. YMMV but mines been really good!