Thread: A350 orders
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 07:34 AM
Itsajob
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by DashTrash View Post
Polish the turd more!!! The MAX 10 is a joke! I thought that the Guppy insanity would end with the ER. I am wrong!!! This is what happens when people that do not fly airplanes make decisions on airplanes. Boeing is in deep trouble!!! Airbus is taking them out to the woodshed!
Neither the max or neo is a joke. They are just machines that we are paid good money to move from point to point. Until there is a clean sheet design they are all we have. Being that this company is heavily weighted towards Boeing, we shouldn’t be surprised that they picked the max. It is an efficient machine that will do the job well and generate revenue. The max 10 will never do all that the 757 can do, but it will do the vast majority of it while burning much less fuel. The 737 isn’t exactly a pilots airplane, it’s just a workhorse, and what we would rather fly just doesn’t matter. Even if the customers would prefer one over the other (most don’t even know what they’re sitting in), they don’t seem willing to vote with their dollars. They shop price and schedule.

Also, being that both manufacturers have significant backlogs, I don’t think either is in any real trouble or risk of going away.